Sunday, 10 November 2013

Is it a Country Thang?

For me, Carnival marks the start of Winter. It's the first evening event which we wrap up warm and head off up to the town to watch the annual Carnival.

My camera decided to get sick as soon as we headed out the door. So some of the pics are fuzzy as fuzz. Like this one.


And this one. but hey ho - enjoy the splash of colour dudes!


Who you gonna call?


I was stone cold sober here. Promise.


There's something about the old kilts bag-pipes that makes me shed a tear. Every Time.


Check the size of that WHEEL!



This float was right up my street... I'm a 60's hippie at heart. I'm sure of it.




This float freaked me the FLIP out... I do NOT do clowns... So I took a few steps back and zoomed in for this shot.
YUK.


Now Alice in Wonderland? That I do.


Check out Tweedle-Dum .. or is that Tweedle-Dee?




A ginger pirate. Pretty much sums up Carnival for you.



How happy does the chick/dude in the pink wig look? BWAHAHA! I think he'd had enough.


It was a pretty cool evening... it made us dig out our winter wardrobe and stroll around in the chilly night air. It was Good.
I think I enjoyed it more than the kids.
HA!

Do you have Carnivals in your town? Is it just a country Thang?

I'm linking this up to the lovely #CountryKids linky over on the Coombe Mill blog. Go check 'em out!

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall