Every year I make it. I've pretty much got this recipe waxed now. My cakes ALWAYS come out wonky. No matter how hard I try. I clearly need new baking tin thingy's. It tastes SHA-MAZING though.
(Use a Springform Cake Tin)
2 packets of Fox's Golden Crunch Creams *secret ingredient!*
2 TBSP melted butter
2 tubs Philadelphia Cream Cheese
Half Cup of White Sugar
5 x Large, Seperated Eggs
Half Cup of Milk
1 tsp Lemon Rind - grated
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
3/4 cup of sifted Plain Flour
1/4 cup of Icing Sugar
3 TBSP Golden Raisins ( or dried apricots! )
Preheat oven to 300F / 150C
- Place your biscuits in a large sandwich bag and smash the heck out of them with a rolling pin. They will go sticky because of the creamy icing in them, but that's fine - Smash Away.
- Mix with the melted butter and press into the bottom of your tin.
- Beat the cheese & white sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light. Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add milk, lemon rind & vanilla essence.
- Stir in the flour and blend until smooth.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gradually add the Icing Sugar until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold the whites into the cheese mixture. Gently stir in the raisin bits, then pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until the centre appears firm. Let the cake cool in the oven for 15 minutes, then allow to cool to room temp.
- Top with some flaky almonds if you want to.
Let me know if you give it a go! Happy Baking Shmaking!