Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Pinspired Craft Shop - #cbias

My laundry room / guest loo always looks a TOTAL mess. So, I set myself a £30 'Loveable Laundry' challenge as part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias.  I figured, if I'm going to be spending a part of every day in here, I need to make it loveable. You'll be amazed at what you can do with £30 and half a day!


I gained my 'Pinspiration' from the awesome 'Tales from a Cottage' blog - Check out this gals blog, she makes stuff just EASY. 

Pinspiration - Fabric covered baskets


The loot! 


I had a good old rummage around the local craft store, Think Outside the Box, as well as popping into 2 bigger super-saver shops ( Poundstretcher & B&M Bargains) to pick up the last few bits and bobs.


I eventually ended up going for the summery, vintage looking fabric for this particular project. I KNOW I'm going back tomorrow to pick p the other combo too :)


So, to make the fabric baskets, take a plastic basket and place it in the middle of a square meter of fabric (or enough fabric as if you were to wrap the basket as a present)  Cut 4 diagonal slits to the corners of the basket - stopping about 1 inch before the base of the basket.


Cut away any excess fabric so that you can fold the edges to create a neat, smooth edge.


Fold over and glue in place. I'm using a glue gun as I was unable to pick up any spray adhesive.


Eeeekkk! The world is a better place when a glue gun is in action. 

Trust Me.


What I love most about this project is that you do NOT have to be neat or a crafty perfectionist at ALL. You literally just keep tucking the corners in , wrap, and hot glue the heck out of it! 



Once the 2 long sides are complete, fold over the diagonal corner, to ensure a straight line


Fold up into place


Cut a piece of material for the base, hot glue it, stick it and VOILA! 


Fabric covered baskets :)

So... let's take a little wander into the 'Loveable Laundry!'


Love this :)


And here they are! Stationed above the washing machine for easy access & organisation of cleaning products.


Even the buttercup-y things have come in to say hello!


My 2 glass dishes came in very handy - one for random pegs and one to throw all of the CHANGE that comes out of pockets - keep this up and I'll be RICH! 


My 'Tea & Sugar' washing powder and softener decanters ( for use with very important spoon!)


I printed this last year as part of the PinAddicts Challenge. Love it so much, I've framed it and propped it up above the baskets! 


Of course I had to add some 'ambience' :)


Blow On, Blow Off candles... what's not to love?!



And there she is ... in all her glory - what do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments, or leave a link to your home makeover!